Monday, April 7, 2014

Wisdom teeth

I got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning. Yep, all 4. I've never been put to sleep for anything before and let me tell you, it was a surreal experience. But I would love the option for all future dental work, it's so easy.

I was kind of freaking out when I went in, the idea of getting put to sleep is a little scary... What if it doesn't work? What if my body falls asleep but my mind stays awake? Horrors... It happened really fast. They hooked me up to a couple machines, stuck a needle in my arm (OUCH) and then I started to feel calmer (the nurse said she would give me something to calm down). I remember maybe 5 seconds after that and then the next thing I know they're getting me up and putting me in a wheelchair. This part was all so foggy... I vaguely remember being helped into the car and then constantly being told to keep my eyes open on the way home (not easy). I had to walk with my arm around Jesse to get in the house and to my bed. My body felt like rubber, there was no way I could walk by myself. Luckily I didn't have any nausea which can be pretty common. We changed out my gauze and then I went to sleep for a little bit. Then I got some pain meds and a snack (applesauce!), then more sleep. A few more interruptions to change out gauze and then my numbness was pretty much gone so bring on the ibuprofen! That stuff works wonders... Then some ice cream for lunch and a visit from my baby which was nice, he is getting way too good at my iPad... Lol


At this point I am feeling much more aware and I can actually use my body again. We are waiting to see if the bleeding has stopped so I can get this gauze out of my mouth. I didn't taste any blood in my ice cream so fingers crossed!

Shout out to my husband, Jesse. He is amazing. He has been so good taking care of me today and making sure I have everything I need. I love him so much!

So all in all my wisdom teeth experience has been much better than expected. I've still got a way to go for healing but the hard part is over. :)

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment