Monday, February 14, 2011

Renaissance Festival - Opening Weekend

Been sick the past couple days and spending time with the hubby today so sorry for the lack of posting. We went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday and it was great fun! I love love love that place. It sucked a little being sick but I didn't let that stop me. :) We got there a little late which is unusual for me but I was a little slow on account of illness. We got in and went straight for the usual first show - London Broil. They're AWESOME. Then we walked around a bit and stopped to see Barely Balanced who are also amazing. After the show we met up with Drew and Lindsay who decided to show up on a whim. :) I worked with my camera a bit (it's been broken and only wants to work some of the time) and got it to work so I could start taking pictures. Got one with BB.




Then we went down to the other side of the faire to get lunch (mmm steak on a stake...) and see Dextre Tripp. Seamus got Italian Ice. Picture is pre-messy. :P He is so cute though!
















After that we walked around for a bit, visited the petting zoo (puppies, baby chicks and baby ducks!), did some pillow fighting and headed over to Tartanic. I only got a couple shots of Adrian being all punked out since I was seated behind a pole and didn't much feel like working for my shots. I mean, I'll be back like 3 more times this year anyway.










At this point Seamus was getting fussy so Lindsay and Drew left leaving me and Jesse alone again on our pre-v-day excursion. We headed back up to the front to see London Broil's let loose show (so freaking funny - I never miss it) and I got some good pics and videos from there...




































And then down to see Don Juan and Miguel's last show where I also only got a couple pics since we were seated toward the edge. Pretty good pics though. Adam Crack and Don Juan had a whipping contest to start it off with cans of Dr Pepper! (23 flavors, 23 years of Ren Faire)


















Then we headed over to catch the last half of the Tortuga Twins (poor Raphael had no voice, sooo funny though) and we saw Twig on the way but my camera wouldn't power on so no pics here. While we were walking out the flower lady stopped us (of course) and talked us into buying a carnation (I would have liked the rose but 6 bucks? really?) So that's about it.





So today was Valentine's Day and quite frankly we were just lazy about it. :) We spent time together and that's all that matters. LOVE YOU BABY!


PS. to see more pictures from Sunday, see my facebook album here.

1 comment: